WRTnode2P now opened for US$19.99, click here to buy. And the retail package including: WRTnode2P * 1, Baseboard for WRTnode2P * 1, FPC antenna * 2.
WRTnode2P has been embedded in a lot of our clients’ products.
Hope you enjoy it~
PS: the Specifications is followed.
- Minimal WiFi & Linux Module in NGFF M.2 as 22*42mm
- MTK MT7628AN: 802.11n 2*2, 580Mhz
- 128MB DDR2ram
- 16MB SPI flash
- 300Mhz 11n 2T2R WiFi, AP & Station Driver By MTK original
- all pin-out
- NGFF M.2 low cost as 0.5 USD
MT7628AN soc brief
- NGFF Slot B TYPE 2242 B
- M.2 interface
- NGFF Slot B TYPE 2242 B socket
The M.2 socket WRTnode could ask for WRTnode team to supply by a low cost.
The source of WRTnode series hardware: https://github.com/WRTnode-PCB.
Software & SDK
SDK: https://github.com/WRTnode/openwrt Software:
- Based on OpenWrt CC 1505
- Differences for OpenWrt:
- Defalut network segment of IPv4: 192.168.8.1
- Adding wwan as port apcli0, and WRTnode wireless management tools: aps/setwifi/vw/ia
- Adding MTK WiFi driver: ralink-wifi/ralink-ralink-mt76x8, which have been adapted to OpenWrt CC
- Adding WRTnode Package feeds
- Adding SPI-CS1 driver
Wireless networking performance and CPU benchmark
Wireless networking performance
- All the test performed in a relatively ideal environment, instead of in the shielding box. WRTnode2P uses the 5DBM FPC external antenna as the retail one:
The distance between ap and sta is about 30cm, two terminal devices is intel i7 windows 10 LTSB and intel i3 windows8.1 enterprise, with 300M USB PC wireless card using rtl-8192.
Delay on WiFi test
WRTnode as the gateway pings the WiFi station.
CPU Benchmark by openssl
testing method: https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/benchmark.openssl
The resault of Raspberry Pi 1 and Raspberry Pi 2 is from this page.
Benchmark of inter process communication: delay & performance
Testing method: https://github.com/rigtorp/ipc-bench
MP3 fixed-point encoder test
Because MT7628AN without FPU, we choice a fixed-point MP3 encoder 
Test device 1 cubieboard2 Linux 3.4.79 A llwinner A20：
Test device 2 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz Linux 3.16.0：
Testing method https://github.com/toots/shine
Encoding the same wav file copy by the 5 devices using the fixed-encoder
Power on, WiFi off: around 3.3v*140mA
Power on, WiFi on, ordinary WiFi throughput: around 3.3v*200mA
Power on, WiFi on, max WiFi throughput: around 3.3v*300mA
For more information please click: http://wiki.wrtnode.cc.